I was recently at a broker open house for a huge house located in a sub division in Hanover referred to as Whiting Village. When I got back to the office I did a quick Google search about this community and it did not return a lot of information so I decided to write an overview of it!
Whiting Village is a lovely, well established sub-division situated, just off Whiting Street in Hanover.
It consists of 4 streets:
1. Anderson Farm Lane
2. Old School House Lane
3. Mill Brook Way
4. Village Lane.
There are only two points of access to Whiting Village and these are through Anderson Farm Land and Old School House Lane. Mill Brook and Village Lane are smaller cul de sacs.
One thing that struck me about this community is how family oriented it appears. There are hockey nets and basketball nets outside homes. I can only imagine the kids outside playing in the evening or on the long summer days.
Another thing that struck me about this neighborhood is that it is immaculate. There appears to be a lot of pride of ownership in the meticulously maintained lawns and home exteriors.
In 1988 Mr. Richard D. Matthews partnered with A.W Perry to develop a 50 lot development in Hanover, which they names Whiting Village. At the time it consisted of 8 homes and 50 lots.
Mr. Matthews developed the roads, drainage systems and he built and sold 8 homes. As of September 2012 there was still a lot available for sale. It was priced at $325,000.
Here are some features of the homes that are in Whiting Village:
- The homes are colonial style homes.
- The homes are all on fairly large lots ranging from 0.6 acres all the way up to 2.5+ acres.
- The home sizes range from 2500 sqft all the way up to 5500+ sqft.
- Most homes have from 4-6 bedrooms and from 2-5 full bathrooms.
- The homes are on private sewer.
- The prices of the homes have ranged from $550,000 all the way up to $1,350,000.
Children living in Whiting Village are eligible to go to Cedar Elementary School. Hanover Middle School and Hanover High School. All of these schools are located within one mile of Whiting Village.
You can see in the widget on the side of this blogs that these schools are all highly rated schools.
Homes on the Market in Whiting Village:
- 17 Village Lane, Hanover, MA. This is a 6 bedroom home located on 0.79 acres. It is currently listed for $869,000.
Thinking about buying in Hanover? I would love to work with you as your agent. Give me a call on 781 929 3683 or email Ciara@mass-homes.com to get the process started!
Recently Sold Homes In Whiting Village:
- 173 Old School House Lane, a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house on 0.82 acres sold for 809,000 in July of 2010.
- 8 Village Lane, a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house on 0.77 acres sold for $567,000 in May of 2011.
- 188 Old School House Lane, a 5 bed, 2 bathroom house on 1.06 acres sold for $800,000 in July of 2012.
- 89 Old School House Lane, a 5 bed, 3 bathroom house on 0.75 acres sold for $709,500 in July of 2012.
If you own a home in Whiting Village and are thinking about selling, I would love the opportunity to discuss how I can maximize your marketing and get your home sold with the least possible hassle for the best possible price.
Serving Hanover MA's residential real estate needs,
Mass Homes Realty
Cell: 781 929 3683
Office: 781 924 1142
Map of Whiting Village:
View Larger Map